Spiritual Health/Soul Care
Local/Low Cost Retreats:
- Shepherd’s Refuge – free or reduced cost to qualified guests (pastors included!) 13 miles N. or Dahlonega/5 mins. from Turner’s Corner. http://shepherdsrefuge.org
- The Christian Hospitality Network offers discounted lodging (25% – 50% depending on which nights of the week) for missionaries & pastors. Facilities include both B&B style & traditional hotel accommodations. See http://thechn.org
- Truett McConnell College has two furnished apartments available free of charge to pastors & church leaders. Contact Dr. David Drake (Dir. of Church Relations) at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
- Georgia Baptist Conference Center in Toccoa (http://mytoccoa.com) offers a reduced rate for pastors seeking a prayer retreat or personal planning retreat. Call for rates: (706) 886-3133
- Camp Pinnacle in Clayton, Ga. (http://www.pinnacleretreatcenter.com) maintains a cabin available to ministers & ministry leaders (reservation only.) Call for rates: (706) 782-3231
- Ridgecrest Conference Center has a “Minister’s getaway” package @ $44 per night. http://ridgecrestconferencecenter.org
- Looking for a staff member? Contact Dr. Thomas (email@example.com) or call the CBA office to access current resumes. Also, check out the Church Minister Relations Department at GBC: http://gabaptist.org/churchministerrelations
- Click this link for current compensation averages according to position, church size, or budget size: http://compstudy.lifeway.com
- Need to better understand the personalities, gifts, and passions of your team members? Click here for one of the best tools available: http://www.placeministries.org
- CBA offers focused help for church health & revitalization via the Strengthening Churches Team. Click here for support & details.
- CBA will provide/assign one or more teams of “secret shoppers” trained to evaluate the Sunday morning experience & generate a written report. (See sample form below.) Call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a team.
- Overview of other worldviews/major religions – www.4truth.net
- Worldview training for students – http://www.summit.org
- GBC Ethics & Public Affairs – http://gabaptist.org/publicaffairs/
- SBC Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission – http://erlc.com
- Overview/training for some of the basic challenges of planting – http://sendnetwork.com
- Building a Discipleship culture – http://www.disciplingculture.
Perspectives on Ministry:
- Helpful articles & resources – http://pastors.com
- Current trends & church growth issues – http://thomrainer.com
- Journals/Magazines – http://www.christianitytoday.com/le & http://ministrytodaymag.com
Study & Preaching Helps:
- Sermon planning – http://www.sermoncentral.com
- Mobile app – https://www.bible.com
- Study software & resource library – https://www.logos.com
- Developing presentation skills – www.preachingrocket.com